Tuesday, August 26, 2008

30 day party for Olivia











My husband , two babies and I joined our good friends for a traditional Chinese 30 day party to welcome their daughter Olivia. We have never gone to such a party before. It was loud and busy, everyone was very warm and welcoming and the food just kept coming. I tried to be open-minded, and laughed when the servers brought forks around to the white people, but I did not try the jellyfish or the abalone. I did try a very gelatinous soup, but one spoonful was enough. Clover and Sullivan were well behaved considering it started at 7:00pm, which is Sullys bedtime.




We left at 9:30pm and went down to the parking garage without any cash only to find they had (of course) a cash only policy. I had to wait while Pat ran (literally) to the bank machine and got the funds. I told the guy in the booth that the sign I saw showed that they accept mastercard and he explained with a smirk that the sign said in Chinese that they do not accept mastercard...




Note to self: always carry cash in Toronto.

No comments: